Here are this week’s four questions.
Let’s talk about things that might not be quite the usual fare.
1. What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever made with bread?
– I’ve just begun making bread on my own so I’m in my introductory phase. I have not done anything adventurous nor odd as of yet 🙂
2. What’s the oddest thing you’ve ever done with mac and cheese or pasta?
– I’m not sure if it’s odd but I have recently taken off tomato sauce in my spaghetti and use lots of fresh tomatoes instead. In effect, the result is a dry spaghetti.
3. Is there a food you eat other then it is intended?
– Hmmmm… there’s the crispy tuna skin chicharon, or tuna skin kropeks.
4. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever seen?
– Fried bugs! It was weird, at first, watching locals munching on assorted bugs – crickets, roaches, spiders,etc. – popping it in their mouths like a popcorn, but after 9 years of living here in Cambodia, I got used to it already *lol*. Years ago, while visiting a project beneficiary in the countryside, I saw an old woman mixing ant eggs in her egg and noodle soup. This sounds weird or odd to most of us but it’s definitely food for them. I was told that during the horrific Khmer Rouge rule in Cambodia, people had very little to eat and they’d just pick up whatever they see around them that they think is okay to eat.
In case you are wondering — no, I haven’t tried these exotic stuffs. I do not have the guts to pop even a teeny-bit in my mouth.